Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Leaps of Faith

Next year I need 12 twirling students in order to pay for fencing, guitar lessons and Amadeus's private school. I've been asked if fencing and guitar lessons are really a need. The answer is a resounding, "yes!"! Both of the boys schools don't offer a physical outlet and fencing not only meets that need but the need to be able to be flexible in their competitions so they can spend time with their Dad. Plus their coaches are so wonderful and supportive. Definitely the environment that they can grow in. As to Isaac's guitar. Well I know enough music wise to work w/ Amadeus on the trumpet on our own. But I have no idea when it comes to the guitar and Isaac has shown real aptitude and a desire to stick with something for once. He even practices without me telling him that he needs to! Amazing! So in the boys developments, yes these are needs. I was counting on my students first recital to make a big splash and generate some excitement. And I think it did some of that. But because they split up the recitals there wasn't as many parents in attendance as I would have hoped. But my girls did awesome! They caught 2 out of 3 of their partner tosses. They were in sync on the important parts of the routine. And two of them caught their back catches. They were in short, very impressive :)
So hopefully with the buzz of their performance and the flyers that I just put out in the classroom, I'll get the response that I need. If I don't, well then my next step is to advertise on Craigslist. So keep us in your prayers.
Hugz,
LMSS

1 comment:

FranE said...

Hope the flyers did the job..