Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sometimes Big Blessings Come in Small Orange Packages

I was making pancakes this morning and as I was puting in the baking soda, I glanced at all the household uses for it and thought, "hmmm, I really should keep that stuff in mind as I clean around the house. Within the next 5 minutes, I opened the fridge to grab the mild and......................CRASH! The BIG pickle jar along w/ a few other things fell to the ground. The only thing that broke though was the pickle jar. And man do pickles stink. Amadeus was quick to grab the broom and help me get the big stuff up and after I had used the paper towels to clean up the majority of the wet mess. I quickly grabbed the baking soda and sprinkled it all over the area. Within seconds the smell was gone and after we were done with breakfast, I put Lil Red in his playpen and mopped the floor with a wet rag. And wa la! My floor was clean and fragrant free! As I set there cleaning the floor, I thanked God for blessing me to read that before the accident happened, otherwise, it would have seemed a bigger trial than it was. Three cheers for baking soda! Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray! HIP HIP HOORAY!

No comments: