Tuesday, September 16, 2008

New Critter

So in the wee hours of the morning today, I roll over to Big Red and say, "oh no! Do you hear that?". About that time his says,"I smell a skunk". My reply,"it's in the ceiling". His,"I so don't need this". Please pray for us that we will be able to get rid of the varmit. Big Red, does not need this. We ended up sleeping in the living room on the couch. Because the critter must have gotten nervous hearing are voices and sprayed above our room. I have the doors open this morning airing things out. The big blessing is that the air is cool and dry this morning which I know is a blessing to those without a/c as well. I've been busy de-fleaing the cat who got out when the doors were blown open in the storm. The boys did there part in helping clean up the debris on the lawns yesterday and are back in school today. I'm just glad I gassed up all the cars so I won't need gas for atleast two or three more days. Hopefully that will be enough time for the gas shortage to be a non issue and the lines at the pump to go down. Because I really don't want to stand in those lines. We have a ton of water. So the non drinkable factor is not an issue for us. I also had Rice milk in storage so now that we have power Ihave opened that. Good thing since the stores hadn't been able to replenish yesterday. I am so grateful for my food and water storage. K gotta take care of Lil Red

2 comments:

Pirate Princess said...

Ya'll are making me feel so guilty about having a lousy food storage. At least we're working on it with all the canning we're doing. :)

Skunk IN THE CEILING? Now that's new!

Little Miss Sunshine said...

Actually I did some research yesterday and I think it maybe another possum that had a run in with a skunk. Because Skunks are horrible climbers. And that is the only way to get in there.