Thursday, April 10, 2008

Life as a Mom

One of the biggest blessings in my life has been the ability to be a stay at home mom. I had almost given up hope that that would be a possibility. All the men I dated would still need me to help with income. So the fact that Red came into my life and told me that he "wanted to take care of me and my boys", was not only a shocker but made me realize just how much he loved me. I love shuttling my boys to school in the morning and to various lessons. We listen to morning political talk shows, and talk about what's going on in the world. We have had many teaching moments on the way to school in the morning.And the lessons wouldn't have happened when I was single. I didn't have the money or the time.
I love being able to experiment and practice in the kitchen more on my cooking skills. It is so cool to be able to take care of little things for my husband, like picking up his dry cleaning or going to the bank or post office for him. Also I like being able to reach out to others that normally I wouldn't have time to do. We have a really old couple next door, they are French and I have enjoyed checking up on them and just going for visits and hearing all the stories they have to tell.
Of course one of my biggest joys is being able to play with Little Red and taking care of all his needs. He is growing so fast. If I had to work, I'd miss seeing all the little changes as he's developing his sweet personality. Yesterday I worked with the Music Man on how to make meatballs in the kitchen and Danny Kay and I worked on the third article of faith. Later Red and I had some alone time and prayed together on specific financial issues that we are facing. My life is so much fuller now that I'm able to be at home. I know that some women go back to work for a break from home life or because they need to feel like they've achieved something. Everytime I make Little Red smile, or we make it through a family home evening without complaint, or I make a dinner or dessert that everyone loves, or I'm able to comfort my husband when he's had a bad day; it's at these times that I feel the most accomplished. Even as I had to stop typing to love on my cranky little Red who is teething and have a sour milk smelling shirt on from being urped on, I feel such satisfaction from being a MOM. My oldest sister just posted a poem on her blog about Mothers. It is totally what I'm feeling as I try to explain the joy that I have at finally being at home where I need to be. If you'd like to read it click on the favorite blogger link below for Texasblu Poetry. Above are some pictures that relate some of the joy that I've had at being a Mom. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Leisha Mareth said...

There is a scripture..."two are stronger than one, for if one falls, the other shall lift him up again" You & Red both needed that, and we're all so glad you found each other!