Friday, April 25, 2008

Geneology

Well today I was looking for my CU stuff and found a really old BOM that Big Red had in a drawer. I'm talking about 1800 book. The name of the original owner was written inside and though faded you could just make it out. So I decided for fun to try and look up the person on the internet and see what I could find out about her. Well in the process I found this cool site that has pictures of tombstones from all over the U.S. . So I've been bitten by the bug and talked to Mom and I plan to start doing geneology work this next week. I was specifically given in my patiarchal blessing counsel to do this work sooooo, I guess the season in my life is here for me to do it. It won't be convenient I'm sure. But I have to make the time and I figure that it will make going back to the temple this year that much more special. The funny thing is that is all started with me wanting to keep up my own journaling better....Isn't it funny how things tie in together?

3 comments:

Pirate Princess said...

You know what they say...

There are no accidents. ;)

Leisha Mareth said...

That IS interesting! I am trying to get my parents to write their histories on their blog as a means of doing present-day genealogy work!

skinny minny said...

pretty cool. But you didn't share the site...meanie!
:) love ya,