Monday, June 9, 2008

Cooking

Sorry I haven't posted lately, I've been working full-time on my old accountant job with baby in tow which is a long story. Suffice it to say when I come home in the evenings, I have enough time to cook, continue taking care of the baby and one or two loads of laundry. Anyways my silver lining tonight is that I found the most marvelous recipe that I made tonight. You can find it at...
http://thyme2.typepad.com/thyme_for_cooking_/2008/04/lemon-spinach-a.html
The only changes I made were to use regular garlic cloves and made four chicken tenders. My hero was out working on the house again this evening in 100 degree weather so he needed something light and I am so trying to get off some of this baby weight. My back is hurting and so are my ankles and my knees and I'm not that majorly over weight. But I digress. So I've been getting back to healthy foods and I was looking for a recipe that would incorporate what I have already in the house. I tell you what! It was so great! I loved it AND so did Red! We topped it off with some organic apple sparkling cider. What I found interesting is that for the first time in more than a year I felt good about myself after I ate. It wasn't just what I ate, it was the fact that I cooked something that tasted wonderful and it was healthy. It was the same euphoria you feel after you have been exercising. Only sanz the out of breath part, lol. Well this is all that I have time for this evening. Later

1 comment:

Pirate Princess said...

What's a silver lining without a cloud?